If you are tired of finding pet hair everywhere that you just can’t seem to get rid off, then maybe you should consider investing in a special type of vacuum. We are, of course, talking about vacuums that were specifically designed to deal with long hair and fur of any kind. These vacuums are rather popular among people with hairy pets and for good reasons as well; so perhaps there’s something to it from a practical standpoint.
Considering how diverse the range of vacuums available can be, it may take you a lot of time and effort to figure out which one might do the trick. Try as you might, you simply will not be able to go through all the particularities and various feats each device incorporates without a little help. To help you in that regard, we put together a list of the ten best vacuums for long hairs one might be inclined to look into at this point in time.
Here are our top 10 picks for the best Vacuums for Long Hair:
#10 SilverOnyx X9 Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The SilverOnyx X9 Cordless Handheld Vacuum is a premium grade 2 in 1 device that easily transforms from a handheld machine to a stick vacuum. Powered with 9kpa of suction power, this device comes with a durable lithium battery that can run for up to 45 minutes on low power and 25 minutes on high power. Light in weight, portable, and convenient, this vacuum is ideal for cleaning your home and car and great for getting rid of unwanted pet hair and dust. In addition to this, the vacuum also comes with a crevice tool and a stiff brush, making your cleaning experience an easy task each time.
Pros: Can be turned into a stick vacuum in a matter of seconds
Comes with a reliable lithium battery
Features a crevice tool and stiff brush
Cons: Not very effective on soft surfaces
#9 Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
Featuring 2 vacuum cleaners in one, the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum can be transformed into an upright vacuum or an easy to use Liftaway Pod. Thanks to its unique Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA, this vacuum cleaner is designed with multi-layered filters that ensure your home is safe from dust and dirt that can cause harmful allergies. Designed with the latest Rotator Technology Enhanced Swivel Steering, it allows easy cleaning of carpets and extracts pet hair, dirt, and debris from hard to reach areas. Light in weight, extremely convenient to use and ultra-durable, this vacuum cleaner is a noise-free device that enhances your cleaning experience without causing any disturbances of any kind.
Pros: Features a powerful Lithium Ion rechargeable battery
Can be used on virtually any surface
It is very easy to maneuver
Cons: It has a pretty soft carpet brush
#8 Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum
Known for its brilliant quality and performance, the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum is a uniquely designed cleaning device that is made to eliminate and remove dirt debris and pet hair that is stuck onto your floors and carpets. Weighing under 8 pounds, this portable, lightweight machine switches to a hand vacuum for easy floor to ceiling cleaning. It also features a unique fingertip control that allows users to switch from floor to carpet cleaning. Thanks to its swivel steering, it can be easily maneuvered and controlled in between furniture. Unlike most of its kind, it comes with a dual storage option that allows the dust cup to be fixed either at the bottom of the stick or on the wall mount.
Pros: Benefits from a lightweight construction
Uses a high-end rotor technology with enhanced swivel steering
Enjoys a 2-in-1 design
Cons: Problematic customer support
#7 BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Hand Handheld Cordless Vacuum
The BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Hand Handheld Cordless Vacuum is a heavy duty device that is designed to remove all traces of embedded dust and dirt along with pet hair. Thanks to the strong 14V lithium battery it allows extended power-packed cleaning. Featuring a brush tool that is motorized, this portable, lightweight vacuum comes designed with 3 layers of filtration to enhance its cleaning performance. It also comes with a largely sized dirt bin that is easy to empty and traps in the unwanted pet hair and debris. Along with the portable vacuum, you will also get a brush tool, a crevice tool as well as a versatile upholstery tool. It also comes with a noise-free motor that helps to enhance your overall cleaning experience.
Pros: Very light in weight and maneuverable
Can pick up litter and tough debris with ease
Has a dual storage capacity
Cons: Has a fairly small canister
#6 Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is a 2 in 1 machine that works as a handheld vacuum as well as an upright stick vacuum. Loaded with a set of great features it gets rid of all traces of dirt and debris on your furniture, floors, car interiors and stairs. Thanks to its robust suction mechanism, it is powered by 2 heavy duty motors that sucks up all unwanted dirt and dust from carpets, flooring, and tiles and gets rid of pet hair with ease. Equipped with a 2200mAh battery, it allows up to 23 minutes of cleaning with any interruptions. Featuring 6 LED lights at the corner of the machine, it allows for an optimum visibility in dark areas like under furniture or hard to reach areas.
Pros: Benefits from an inbuilt 14V lithium-ion battery
Features a large dirt bin to get rid of pet hair with ease
Incorporates a set of specialized pet tools
Cons: The filter could be better
#5 Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vacuum
Weighing less than 4 lbs, the Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vacuum is a portable, lightweight cleaning device that is ideal for cleaning carpets and floors and for getting rid of pesky pet hair. Thanks to the uniquely designed TruePet motorized brush tool, it allows deep and easy cleaning of dirt, debris and pet hair. Featuring a convenient dust cup that can be detached with a simple click of a button, it also comes with a power cord that’s no less than 15 feet long. Along with the Truepet brush, it also comes equipped with a mini brush tool that easily extracts and removes the most stubborn pet hair, dirt and debris, and allergens from delicate upholstery.
Pros: It features a long-lasting battery
Has a 6-LED corner lighting arrangement
Benefits from a fairly powerful suction
Cons: Not great for carpet cleaning
#4 HoLife Hand Vacuum Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The HoLife Cordless Hand Vacuum is a premium grade, heavy-duty machine that is ideal for wet and dry cleaning and for pet hair cleaning. Equipped with a multi-layered filter, it features a robust 100W motor that provides a powerful cyclonic suction that can pick up coins with ease. Equipped with 3 attachments including a crevice tool that allows easy cleaning in tight corners, a dusting tool that can be used to pick up dirt and hair especially on delicate upholstery and furniture, and a liquid nozzle for cleaning up any spilled liquids. With the ability to clean up to 100ml of dirt, debris, dog and cat hair, liquids, and crumbs, this high-quality vacuum is ultra-portable, light in weight and easy to use. Unlike others, this machine is loaded with a Lithium battery that has a higher power capacity and can run for up to 30 minutes at a stretch.
Pros: Enjoys a very portable design
Comes with a long 15 ft cord
Maintains suction power over time
Cons: Less effective on soft surfaces
#3 Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum
Ideal for removing pet hair from your furniture and carpets, the Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is a lightweight, robust, portable machine that weighs just 15 pounds. Thanks to its heavy duty suction mechanism, it never loses suction and consistently cleans without interruptions. Designed with a large dust cup that is easy to clean, it allows extended cleaning and saves battery life. Featuring two modes including a deep carpet clean mode and a gentle floor cleaning mode, this upright vacuum also comes with an anti-allergy seal for good measure.
Pros: It enjoys a fairly portable, compact design
Has a very long battery life
Features a quiet motor
Cons: Tends to lose some of its suction with the attachments
#2 Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus
Equipped with the latest WindTunnel technology, the Hoover T-Series Corded Upright Vacuum allows quick and easy suction without interruptions. Light in weight and extremely convenient to use, it comes with a washable filter and a HEPA filter. Thanks to the WindTunnel technology, this vacuum cleaner picks up dirt and debris that has been embedded for a long time. Designed with a long power cable measuring 25 feet in length, it enables ease of movement. The HEPA filter is crafted to trap 99.975 of dirt and debris, pollens and dust up to 0.3 microns. Featuring 2 different settings, it can be adjusted to clean hard floor surfaces and carpets. It also comes designed with a no-scuff bumper that aims at protecting the edges of your furniture while you clean.
Pros: It is a very powerful vacuum by most standards
Uses a large-capacity, easy-to-empty dust cup
Offers a deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
Cons: It isn’t exactly nimble due to its shape
#1 Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
Uniquely crafted with a lightweight body and frame, the Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum offers fast and efficient cleaning options with a heavy duty suction and versatile brush design that cleans at the very first pass. The brush rotates on the surface of carpets and floors and picks up dirt and debris with ease, while the innovative cyclonic mechanism offers a powerful consistent suction. Along with this, the vacuum comes with a Turbo brush for utilizing on stairs, upholstery, and furniture. Unlike most of its kind, this vacuum cleaner features an easy to clean dirt tank, a washable foam tank filter, and a multi-level filtration system.
Pros: Benefits from an ingenious brush design that rotates with every pass
Uses a cyclonic system for a long-lasting suction
Features an easy-to-empty dirt tank with multi-level filtration
Cons: Its inner parts get dirty rather quickly
More products also worth checking out:
What Makes A Good Vacuum For Long Hair
Pet hair and embedded dirt and dust can be hard to deal with for some people because no matter how many times you clean up, you would always find traces of it lying around. Trying to deal with long pet hair using a regular vacuum can be quite tiresome, however, mostly because a wide majority of vacuums aren’t built to deal with tough grime and pet hair to begin with. To ensure that you’re getting the suction you require, you should invest in a vacuum that is proven to meet all the required standards. To do that, you must first understand what a good vacuum for long hair is supposed to look like.
Types Of Vacuums
- Upright Vacuums – Ideal for deep carpet cleaning, these vacuums are commonly used and easy to store. Heavy to carry, they are also quite noisy and a bit odd as far as their design goes, meaning that you might have some issues controlling them when cleaning tough spots.
- Canister Vacuums – Used commonly for cleaning bare flooring, delicate furniture, and upholstery, this type of vacuum is a lot less quiet but bulky in size. This makes canister vacuums a lot more difficult to store, not to mention how much harder they are to maneuver.
- Stick Vacuums – Designed with a taller body as compared to an upright vacuum, this type of vacuum is light in weight and easy to carry but only suitable for surface dirt and debris. As such, you shouldn’t expect too much suction from stick vacuums, at least not from low-end models.
- Handheld Vacuums – Portable, light in weight, and highly convenient, this type of vacuum is commonly utilized for quick cleaning. Ideal for carpet surfaces and bare floors, they are great for sucking up pet hair from furniture and upholstery but are not that powerful overall.
Benefits of Investing In a Quality Vacuum
- Helps to save time – Cleaning without a vacuum tends to be more tiresome and takes a lot of energy. With a good vacuum cleaner, your cleaning takes half the time and it allows you to clean your entire home more efficiently in an effortless fashion. Not just that but you also save time in the long run by shortening your cleaning efforts.
- Reduced strain on your back and shoulders – When cleaning without a vacuum, most people tend to suffer from severe back problems and find it hard to bend, which also happens when trying to remove pet hair with an unsuitable vacuum. Such a vacuum strains the back and neck and causes great discomfort overall. With the proper vacuum, however, there is no need to strain or bend, as the vacuum comes designed with a long power cord that allows optimum maneuverability. With just a few swipes, vacuums suck up hair, dirt, and dust with ease.
- Versatile and Effective – Owing to their special design and advanced technology, proper vacuum cleaners can clean almost anything. From carpets to hard floors, bare surfaces to furniture and upholstery, you can remove all traces of unwanted dirt in just a few swipes. When it comes to long hair vacuums, not only does one effectively clean, but it also sucks out the harmful dirt and debris that causes allergies.
Choosing the Best Vacuum for Long Hair
- Type Of Vacuum – It is important to know the purpose of buying a vacuum. Make sure you understand your personal requirement as this would determine the type of vacuum you need. With the various selection to choose from, it is essential to know which type suits you best.
- Construction – Choose a vacuum that is sturdy and one which is designed with a durable frame and body. Make sure you spend the required time to take its design into consideration at it can save you an awful lot of effort during tedious cleaning tasks.
- Noise Level – Choose a vacuum that is more or less noise-free. No one wants to disturb people around them while they clean. Noise-free vacuums and available in plenty of ingenious choices, each with their specific motors. It is up to you to choose which one you need based on the dB output of each particular device. Canister Vacuums are the quietest of the lot in this regard but never forget to read reviews and check ratings before purchasing.
- Features and Attachments – Always go for a vacuum cleaner that comes with additional attachments. This would not only help you clean better but would ease out and enhance your cleaning experience. Special brushes, crevice tools, cleaning modes, and suction levels would definitely be a plus point and would help you with your cleaning long-term.